View Single Post
Old 21-05-2022, 10:55 AM
Paul Haese

Things are progressing well with a high probability that we will be open for business at the end of next month once bug testing is complete.

We have on order the motor, VSD, gearbox, rack and pinion for the big observatory. Those should be ready for pick up next week.

Our low voltage computer is also coming in from Compulabs (IPC2) and should arrive next week. That will control the roof opening and closing on the big ROR.

This week we had the power connected to small ROR and to the big ROR. That involved a lot of work and lots of back filling of the trenches.

Network installation has also commenced and progressing forward with network cable undergrounded, racks installed and connection points installed around the observatories. There is still some more installation of connection points required but it is a lower priority at this stage.

We have also spread out some crush rock around the site to help with heat reduction in summer and to keep the fine dust at bay. I moved 10 tonne of it on Wednesday and it near killed me (certainly not as able as I was in my 30's )The plan is to spread the other 10 tonne pile all the way around the observatories over the next few weeks.

We are happy to take enquiries from anyone interested in having their equipment hosted in pristine dark skies, so if you have been holding back feel free to make contact and be one of the first to be hosted at this site.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Big shed board and rack.jpg)
187.9 KB135 views
Click for full-size image (Main power.jpg)
191.0 KB130 views
Click for full-size image (Ethernet.jpg)
195.9 KB109 views
Click for full-size image (Compound.jpg)
199.1 KB129 views
Click for full-size image (Jarrods shed power and ethernet.jpg)
196.1 KB117 views

Last edited by Paul Haese; 21-05-2022 at 11:18 AM.