View Single Post
Old 25-02-2013, 06:28 AM
bojan
amateur

I see...
I also see you are an adventurous person , and you do not hesitate to take things in your hands Just like me! This was the path I went through long time ago, also with LZOS Turist (it wasn't zoom, just terrestrial eyepiece), and it was with Practica film camera.
Well, if you do not need that scope for terrestrial, and you can't wait for a "real" telescope, it would be be better if you removed the zoom and ocular completely..
Then, try do determine the focal length (by observing the image of the Sun or Moon on a piece of paper and measuring the distance between the objective and that paper when image is sharp). It will be ~400mm or close.
Then,you can buy on ebay or rugift.com the M42-EOS adapter.. and with the help of a metal worker (turner) you can mount it on the telescope tube by making a M42x1 thread on it.
Cut the tube of your telescope such that the focal point falls exactly 45mm further than the flange, but allow for some adjustment (thread needs to be a bit longer, for adjusting a focus).
Or, even better, turner can make the completely new tube for your objective lens, with M42x1 thread (for EOS adapter) on the other end.
This setup will perform much better than what you have now.
Good luck!