Thread: New observatory
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2023, 07:08 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

OK I have changed my mind again...no welder..my neighbor/assistant offered me one he did not need but when I thought it thru I realised I would need to use the 8 of a teeny which is not key start...I can't pull my socks off..so I don't wear any..so getting a welder was a silly idea..unless I get a key start 8 of a teeny which will not happen.

So today we added the additional gate track and installed the wheels but it became apparent that I need to straighten the track to gain maximum efficiency so I will do that before we add all the screws etc..it really works great but I want it as good as it can be and I am not far off now...it is so cool pushing the remote.

All the roof adjustment and track cleaning has really paid of as it now moves effortlessly..I can even move it manually..And that being the case I removed the two winch motors that openned and closed it up until now...And along with then all this ugly cabling..I had used the old welders cable which is about half inch do a...carry as much current as you lime stuff...but now all of it is gone and it looks so much better.

In addition to sorting out the additional track we cut the hole in the floor for the new pier. I will add a photo....also I wired up the threaded rod, the mount connection and struts all ready for welding..this approach will see a stronger u to but it can go in as a single piece which will save heaps of effort...

And when I walked in I received an Email that the ZWO mount is in .so.....but I am not getting another scope until I see how I go with lo g F/L...my plan is to add a Barlow to the eight inch ( 1000mm) say 2.5 and see how good the ZWO mount guides..if really good the maybe a 9.25 which I never thought I would ever consider....anyways getting stuff done.

Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG20230113181058_resize_34.jpg)
176.1 KB51 views
Click for full-size image (IMG20230113180807_resize_33.jpg)
201.2 KB65 views