View Single Post
Old 20-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Jbunky86 (Jason)

More zoom with ed80 imaging?

Hi guys im currently imaging with an Orion ed80t with field flattener, c5gt mount, Orion mini auto guider package, unmodded cannon 1100d and post processing using dss.

Im managing some great images of carina, horse head, Orion nebular. Basically anything fairly wide field. Lately I have been attempting galaxies which are further away, sombrero and the like.

What is the best way of imaging more distant things? Is it a matter of trying to produce better as low noise images as possible and after processing blow them up? I find if I do this I lose a lot of resolution.

Is it as easy as chucking in a 2" Barlow between the DSLR and telescope to take the scope up to f12?

I really had to save a lot and stretch finances to afford what I belive to be a good entry level astro imaging setup and would hate have to buy a new mount with better error correction or super expensive 120mm apo.

I noticed a trend towards really fast newts, F4 etc. would this give an even wider view? As compared to an ed80 which is F6.

Any advise would be great
Thanks Jason