View Single Post
Old 27-07-2021, 04:20 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariner10 View Post
Hey Martin,
I've copied and pasted the information above into a Word document so I can use if for reference. I have all your other information at hand as well.
Now, just need the clouds to clear and learn how to clear the backlash on the EQ8 and we'll give it a crack.
Thanks again for the information and time taken, appreciate it.
Cheers
Steve
Steve,
Glad to help
Ive attached one of my guiding graphs on a stable night of good seeing
As you can see there are no big excursions in Ra or Dec so this tells me the mount is performing well and I have a good calibration
I set my graph up as follows -
X:axis 200
Y:axis + - 8”
And use the Star Profile tool as well ( photo attached )
I can’t stress enough to get a good calibration ( find a location near the celestial equator and close to the north meridian ( eastern side ) where Dec is close to 0 ) and once calibration is successful, auto save your calibration so you can re use it for months and months.
Also note that I’ve had nights of bad seeing with heavy dew around and my guiding error has increased from 0.65 to 1.35 arc sec within 1 hour of imaging. But even though the graph is saw toothing badly I still didn’t have big single excursions in Dec or Ra (except during a dither) I’ve still pushed 5 minute subs with round stars at 1.35 arc sec error
Hope you sort out you guiding problems , it may take a few nights , take your time and do a checklist of all the settings and requirements with mount and software parameters
Cheers
Martin
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (D4834818-4110-4FD5-907A-70CF2F46D5E5.jpg)
195.6 KB29 views
Click for full-size image (5FC3E0D5-7D2D-4AD0-9D13-226D716359CA.jpg)
178.3 KB25 views