View Single Post
Old 26-07-2021, 03:26 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariner10 View Post
Hi Martin,
Many thanks for the reply and information.
I'm second guessing myself here about ST4 and pulse guiding.
My guide camera is connected directly to the mount so I'm not sure if that's pulse or ST4.
I don't use EQMOD to drive the mount, I use NINA and a program called Green Swamp Server which I found to be much better than EQMOD which wanted to drive my mount to all sorts of different places (for whatever reason, and I checked the settings about six times, it thought I was in the northern hemisphere, GSS knew otherwise).
I do have a dark library and I don't use an OAG. The focal length of the 10" SN is just over 1000mm, 1016mm from memory.
CHeers.
Steve,
You are using ST4 connected guiding
The developers of PHD2 recommend Ascom pulse connected guiding for many reasons including “calibration” which is super important
Once you achieve a good calibration at Dec 0 then with Ascom pulse guiding you can use your calibration for a long time. I’ve been using the same calibration for 6 months with no issue ( this saves 10 to 15 minutes each time you go out to image )
If you follow my procedures and info to detail then I’m sure if you connect via Ascom direct from camera to laptop ( As long as mount is connected to laptop via Ascom as well which I’m sure it would with be with GSS ) then you should be able to calibrate , use your dark library, save your calibration and guide your backside off
Remember with Ascom camera direct connection you have to select your guide camera in the main connection window ( click on cameras double arrows ) , otherwise it might select your imaging camera by mistake and guiding won’t work

See how you go
Cheers
Martin