View Single Post
Old 18-06-2021, 07:49 AM
Don Pensack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mura_gadi View Post
Hello,

Thanks Don, good to know its a sale from Pentax and it is available from all vendors.

I don't suppose you know if Morpheus/Baader ep's have a similar month of sales/discounts planned?

Thanks
Steve
LOL. Only the 14mm and 12.5mm Morpheus are available in the US right now from Baader. The other focal lengths have been out of stock a long time and they will sell out instantly when they arrive. In those circumstances a sale is not only unlikely, from a marketing standpoint it would be mentally deranged to put them on sale.
I expect them to come in and instantly sell out and be unavailable another long period.
My advice to anyone wanting a Morpheus is to place a back order with your favorite dealer and wait. If you don't, you'll be unlikely to get one.

I just got in 13 of another eyepiece from another company after a long gap and sold 10 of them in the first day. The remaining 3 might last another couple days, maybe, but the vendor is already sold out.

I just heard Celestron is promising more scopes in 2022 but that they are sold out for the rest of 2021.

Pentax has had low stock and difficulty delivering. I don't know why they're on sale. Maybe they were having slow sales. That would be surprising.