View Single Post
Old 15-08-2005, 11:04 AM
davidpretorius
lots of eyes on you!

Web caddy feedback

David,

No I don't have such a beasty. If you leave the lens in you will have to do eyepiece projection. Have an eyepiece in the telescope and aim the webcam with its lens fitted at the eyepiece. Mounting the webcam (with webcam lens fitted) into a focuser tube won't get you a focusable image. (This is my understanding and practise anyway). Which is why I don't have such a beasty. If you want to trial it get a 35mm film canister and cut the end out. Wrap some tape around the webcam lens so that the canister fits onto the lens. The canister will then slide into a 1.25" focuser tube.

You can do eyepiece projection but you need more stuff. I would check what eyepiece you need to get a wider field view. You could test this by holding the webcam (with lens) up to the EP of your scope when it is focused on something and see what you get.

You can also use a focal reducer to get a wider FOV using your current adapter. The F-0.66Fr I have will screw onto your adapter's 1.25" filter threads and give you 1/0.66 more FOV.

<!-- Converted from text/plain format -->
Regards,
Steven Mogg

Email: steven@webcaddy.com.au
Web : http://webcaddy.com.au/astro/adapter.htm

<HR tabIndex=-1>From: david pretorius [mailto:davidpretorius@precons.com]
Sent: Monday, 15 August 2005 8:55 AM
To: steven@webcaddy.com.au
Subject: ice in space forum member

Hi Steve,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

I have bought one of the Toucam pro II 840 and already have an anodized 1.25” adapter where I unscrew the lens and screw in this adapter. It is great for planets and I see that you make those as well. I get great magnification with this, but now I want to leave the lens in and get wider fields of view.<o:p></o:p>

What I am looking for is an adapter to fit over the outside of the lens of the toucam and then connect to the 1.25” eyepieces and also a 2” eyepiece that I have. Do you make such a beasty?<o:p></o:p>

Hopefully you are the man.<o:p></o:p>

Thanks<o:p></o:p>

David Pretorius<o:p></o:p>