Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 28-09-2021, 03:30 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodur View Post
Allan,

Your position is reasonable, yes Astro persons are a little different, certainly it’s reasonable to say we’re a more thoughtful group than most.
Given the awful authoritarian abuses that are taking place…. Maybe there’s an argument that a sub-forum should be created so that we as generally thoughtful individuals can reflect and discuss what’s taking place.
These are extraordinary times and maybe we shouldn’t seek to impose “ordinary “ rules upon extraordinary events
David
Its working well so why change things...I know you are preoccupied with what you see as an issue that need more exposure but there are plenty of places to do that..this is after all an astronomy site and although I am the worst offender in posting non astronomy stuff I would not like to see a change that would simply provide a place to "grizzle" in effect.

And then where do you stop...heck if one were to make a list of all that is wrong with the world that would make the astronomy aspect a mere blink...

Further as I have suggested the key is not to focus on inequity as really nothing will change..we are dealing with humans that must tell you there is no point at all...you wont change the violence...look at the influence for it..Hollywood..if you are not violent and tuff you are regarded as nothing...look at how they present soldiers and police..if you want to take action direct your attention to the Hollywood culture... moreover dont let it eat away at you..that is where the real damage occurs.

Alex