View Single Post
Old 28-07-2017, 12:13 PM
rcheshire (Rowland)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA View Post
Hi Rowland,

Beyond taking a census of all users I'm not really sure how you'd get a thorough answer to that and even then what you'd want to do with any missing models. If you were talking of Canon & Nikon, I'd say list every model. They are virtually all used /mentioned as used.

Take a look at the drop menu on the right hand side of the screen on this camera sensor dynamic range comparison webpage ....

http://www.photonstophotos.net/Charts/PDR.htm

Best
JA

PS: Some models are duplicated because the sensor is tested in Full-Frame and Cropped mode where the camera has this feature on-board. I'm not sure how that would affect your data.
Thanks JA. Understand. I did consider a census and perhaps that's the best approach. I could guess many of the models and add as I go or as requested. My thought was to compile a list of common types in use and build on that. I need to enter 9 parameters per camera and also create a script to autopopulate the LUT. Still, it's a lot of work.

Thanks Glen will add to the list.

EDIT: Each model has unique channel multipliers and all that's required for the process.