View Single Post
Old 28-04-2022, 07:03 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I am about to include dark, bias, flats and dark flats or whatever works best and this thread is most helpful.

At this stage all of these are going to be a hassle with the RASA set up as you can't just put on a cap and fire away and my preoccupation at the moment is how I am going to take flats and bias..two black sheets thrown over the lot for example is sounding like a good idea. Because of the cable routing needed the camera looks like it will be a permanent fitting and to put on its cap it must be removed from the scope.

In any event making a library although a seemingly huge job is becoming appealing as darks will probably need the black bed sheets or the removal of the camera and flats I guess will need to be the t shirt approach unless I can sourse something to use instead.

May I ask what the views are on a calibration library and it's expected life ...I expect things may change as the camera ages such that it probably would need doing again at some point.

I understand I will have to settle on unity and gain figures that I must stick to so as to be able to use a library if it is at all viable...
Alex