View Single Post
Old 25-06-2022, 10:52 PM
dizzy2003 (Michael)

So I taped an old phone to my mount and had it display the guiding graph

Built a cardboard contraption to hold a second phone that filmed the first phone and the gears moving.

so for now I'm going to ignore dec (because the results are confusing) but for RA

theres +pv spikes and negative spikes, which is weird for a start. But Anyway What I see in the video is

+ RA Spikes, I see the motor turn twice as fast for a second or so then I see the motor stop, then I see the spike appear on the graph. I believe the graph is a bit delayed (has a bit of lag) and I am seeing the cause of the error (double speed RA motor movement for a second) followed by the phd2 guide fix (stop RA for a second or so)

-RA spikes I see the motor suddenly stop turning, then it runs at double speed to catch up. So the stopping is the cause of the error then the double speed after is PHD2 fixing the guide spike

To me this seems like control board issues. If I only ever saw it stopping then that could be mechanical, but having it sometime turn twice as quick for a bit causing the error indicates non mechanical issue.

Is that logic sound?

I saw some great guiding between spikes at one point it was about 0.5 arc second RMS.

Anyway I uploaded a video to youtube

https://youtu.be/VG2WA5tCrgc

Description has some time stamps. I was going to edit the video down and zoom in, but davinci resolve would not load this 120Hz video from my samsung phone.

Hmm do I now pull the trigger on a replacement pcb ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (286829888_890041882388723_1870765995581967358_n.jpg)
193.8 KB22 views