View Single Post
Old 28-11-2013, 01:18 PM
AstroJason (Jason)

Thumbs up $200 Canon Cashback Offer - Canon 6D

I am now a very happy owner of a Canon 6D!

The Canon 6D is a very popular DSLR amongst us amateur astronomers so I thought I should share this with everyone in the hope it saves some people some cash coming into Christmas.

Today I noticed that Canon have introduced a Cash Back offer of $200 on the 6D (and 5Dmk3 if anyone is interested in that body). I shopped around online and found that both Georges Cameras and Ryda in Sydney both have the Canon 6D body online at $1525 after cash back. Not wanting to wait until the weekend to go to those stores I figured I’ll see what the price at Paxtons at Macquarie Centre (which is right next to my work) would be for the 6D. Turns out they have it advertised for $1750 after cash back. So I went down at lunch and after them making a few calls to their head office they matched the $1525 price after cash back! They also included a 2 year Canon Australia Warranty. This price beats most current Grey Import prices! Moral of the story, if you’re looking at purchasing a Canon DSLR now is a good time to do it. This cash back offer ends 31 Jan 2014.

Hopefully someone finds this helpful before they go in and make a purchase. Interested to hear if anyone managed to get it cheaper than that... I’ll probably be a little bit depressed but I am so happy to finally have a full frame camera!

Cheers,

Jason