View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 12:02 AM
g__day (Matthew)
Tech Guru

There's a breathe of fresh air in that review - and it brought back alot of memories. It's great that you captured how it affected your whole family.

Eta Carina, Orion and the Tarantella should look great through your scope, but its funny how the first target always seems to be the Moon, then Jupiter and Saturn. Friends who first ask me about astronomy all query what the moon looks like - and my preferences surprise them - view it when its no more that a 1/4 full - too see the craters best and secondly I greatly prefer to not view it at all - so that I can see the dark sky objects. About one year in to the hobby the moon went from an object of wonder to the search light that ruins my viewing! All the difference that perspective and what you're trying to do makes.

One thing for sure but - keep your family involved - and you'll get alot more enjoyment out of this hobby. Add warm clothing, comfortable / height adjustable viewing chairs and combine it maybe with camping out - and your thrill and joy from this will only grow!

Cheers,

Matthew