View Single Post
Old 13-01-2013, 11:28 AM
DJT (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRejto View Post
Nobody has yet commented on the planetary aspects. I am not totally sure but I doubt that you can use Focusmax, or similar, to autofocus on a planet. I think you would be required to slew away to a star and then slew back....all of which would take too much time between filters. I could be wrong, but I think most planet photographers just focus on the computer screen. Sometimes that can be rather difficult. Also, the planet cameras are video cameras and the focusing programs seem to need a series of frames taken at very specific exposure settings. Again, I am not totally sure, but I think using these cameras might be difficult at best.

Peter
Aah..so sounds like I would be using a hand held control widget as well for the planetary work, reviewing on screen and going down the software pay to drive focussing routines for dso.

In the same vane, If you were buying filters that were allegedly parfocal, which would be the best ones?Baader? Astrodon? In best I mean meets claims in terms of being parfocal. Any recommends?

Thanks again