View Single Post
Old 26-05-2020, 11:01 PM
Daniel_Reardon (Daniel Reardon)

Free cutting and welding for piers in Melbourne

Hi all,

I am a long time amateur astronomer, professional astrophysicist, and a hobby welder. I recently bought myself a new welder and I have been doing some projects around the house to practice the skills. For one project I will be building myself a solid steel pier to go in my backyard.

If anyone else is interested in getting a steel pier for cheap, I am happy to do the cutting and welding for the practice. You could supply your own steel and design if you like (and I'll weld it up for free), or I can pick up some steel and sell it to you at-cost once complete.

A simple pier to make would be a solid base with holes to bolt to the ground, a wide steel pipe, a thick steel plate at the top, some plate-to-pipe supports, and some holes/slots to bolt your mount to. I would also paint it up to protect it from rust.

If you wanted anything else, like a shelf, or a raised platform with bolts to adjust the tilt, or pretty much anything else, suggest a design and I'll be happy to give it a go!

Feel free to reply here or send me a PM! I'm located in the Melbourne Eastern suburbs. Near Clayton