Thread: ASI533 opinion
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2021, 09:46 AM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
Dunk - it had been a long window shop. Was going to order from ZWO direct, but Testar had plenty of stock (whereas no one else does) and their price was right. I was tossing up between this and the 294, but the rear illuminated chip sold me.

Be interesting if these still come with the free ZWO dual band filter. Bet they don't. Guess I'll get the l-extreme.

Lewis,

I used the ZWO Duoband with my 2600MC under Bortle 8 Sydney skies with and without the moon for 6 months and was astounded at the detail you can pick up in your images ( trying to pick up the colour spectrum is the only difficult task with OSC MB Imaging ). But it wasn't until I purchased the L Extreme and used it for a while and compared images using the ZWO Duoband that the level of detail was another level up especially under near full moon conditions

I have not seen any negative comments from folk using the L Extreme

By the way I Image at 1000mm focal length with newts

In regard to the 533MC , a great camera , low noise , zero amp glow , low dark current, high QE and nothing but positive comments on CN and numerous You tube clips

These new generation ZWO OSC cooled CMOS cameras with the new Sony backlit sensor are true high performance Astro cameras and the mono versions are obviously even better ,the way of the future.

Martin