View Single Post
Old 13-04-2022, 10:17 AM
Startrek (Martin)

Mark,
There’s one thing I had to do to use Ascom as my imaging camera and ZWO native for one or more guide cameras

I had to ensure when setting up the Profile for the ZWO native guide camera that the Main Imaging camera was physically disconnected

Once Guide Camera Profile was established and completed with its Dark library I had to close PHD2 , Connect my main imaging camera via Ascom ( confirm its connected to Ascom Camera (1) ) Then open PHD2 again , select my new Profile and then select the correct camera via the little green black arrow button. Press Connect and the new Guide camera connects fine via it’s ZWO native driver

If I don’t do the above configuration in that order , when I try to set up a new Profile for guide camera , the camera settings are defaulted to the main imaging cameras settings with wrong pixel size etc .. and you can’t change it.

Even just disconnecting via APT won’t allow the correct establishment of new profiles using the Native ZWO driver, you have to physically disconnect the USB camera cable.
Note: I’m using a Startech USB3 4 port powered hub on my rig to connected my main camera , guide camera ( and future mono gear ) with short USB3 cables and then a 5m main USB3 cable back to the laptop.
Also you have to use the same Laptop USB port each time as well as your aware

Sorry for the mouth full description

Cheers
Martin