View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 06:44 PM
AdamJL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJT View Post
I was talking to the local postmaster and his wife today and they are getting smashed with click frenzie.

There’s no deliveries out here so it’s a big day out when you go to the post office but they are out of space. Auspost are holding picking up from retailers for 4 days in Sydney due to COVID cases as they can’t cope and the local 5 acre sorting centre has had to stop the conveyor belts at times.
Lord knows what it’s like in Sydney.

Have a heart people. There’s a pandemic on and it’s no fun getting stuff to our doors at the moment whether or not it’s from France or from the local Kmart.

Might even want to consider what’s essential to purchase. Do I really need those Haigues Chocolates right now?

I'm not entirely sure (without seeing data) that the pandemic is to blame. I would blame it more on resource management.
Reason? Out of the parcels I mentioned above, the others from DHL, Toll and StarTrack all have been on time. Every single one. They have been from interstate (Brissy and Melbs), locally (Sydney) and overseas (Turkey).

The pandemic should also be impacting them, but at least for me, they are still delivering quickly.

It's only AusPost that isn't.

I know they're the national service and as such take the lion's share of business, but again, their service level is more down to resource management IMO than purely an increase in volume.

That said, I'd never have a go at my local posties. I know they work incredibly hard even during the "normal" times. This isn't their fault at all.