View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 01:02 AM
gregbradley

I had a Tak FS152 with a 2.7 inch focuser. I tried to use an SBIG STL11 on it. I got really bad vignetting and coma. With reducer I had coma and vignetting also. I tried the TOA35 flattener - shocking, bad vignetting, unusable.

I recall someone saying they got this camera to work on the smaller focuser. Perhaps there is a flattener that will work on it. I haven't seen one.

Reducer's will not work as Tak reducers just reduce they do not flatten like some AP ones do. Perhaps the super reducers made for TOA150 may but these are 4 inch focuser models.

I put a 4 inch focuser on my FS152 and got the flattener and then it handled the large chip of the STL11.

That is my experience. Don't be fooled by image circle sizes as its the focuser that limits it, not the lens. All you need is the larger focuser so no vignetting and the larger flattener to get rid of the coma.

All this applies to FS series and perhaps TSA or TOA may be different here being a different optical design. But you'd want to have proof from those actually using that setup before investing that sort of money in the camera and adapters etc.

Greg.