View Single Post
Old 06-07-2022, 03:50 PM
bluesilver (Peter)

APT crashes and wipes everything back to default settings

Hi, the drama just continues on.
Just after some information on what may have caused this big issue with the latest version of APT V4.01 or if it has happened to anyone else yet?

So i have been using APT for about a year with no issues and running the latest version.
I was just going through the Flats aid trying to work out how to get the correct ADU and brightness settings,
Running a asi2600mc at -10 and mount is a iOptron CEM120
Everything is powered by the main 240V power and running through a 240 -12V converter as i have been doing for a while now, so no power issues at all.

I had been playing around with he flats aid for about an hour i guess and then all of a sudden the laptop just completely shuts down.
Now i am thinking this has something to do with APT possibly, because when i fired back up the laptop to get back in a warm the camera up to 0 degrees i find that APT has completely wiped everything right back to a bare bones install basically.

So no location, no mount, no camera, no focuser, nothing, no connection to Stallerium either, i have go go back an find out how to get it to read stallerium again, forgo how to do this.
Everything is back to the default with the red screen .
And just to add to that, i can't even get it to turn the screen from the default red to the green that i previously had.
Any idea on what has caused this so as not to have it happen again?
I am going to have to do a complete removal of APT, and do a fresh install, as nothing works on it now.

A bit of a hard lesson learned as i think there was an option to restore it back to old setting or something, i don't recall there being a backup option when i first installed it, but obviously there was.

Oh and the laptop wasn't connected to the internet either, never is.
Just doing a system restore on the laptop to see if that brings APT back
Any advice is appreciated.
Cheers

Last edited by bluesilver; 06-07-2022 at 04:20 PM.