View Single Post
Old 20-09-2021, 11:01 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mura_gadi View Post
Hello,

Cooking alone I found it was best to cook up a lot and freeze it.

Two kilo of mince was a favourite for me. Add onions garlic salt pepper etc, cook it up take some out for savoury mince. Add the tomatoes, veg, pack away in freezer containers for taco's, spag bol, lasagna later etc...

One cook gets you many meals, you just have to cook up the rice, pasta etc on the day. The mince should last you a few months frozen.

Steve
Maybe not start with two kilo though...

Woolworths does a "Cook" range of bagged meats, lamb shanks, ribs, brisket, hocks etc. They are pretty good and very easy, but not really weekly food. They go on special fairly regularly as well.
Yes ... In Sydney I onve made up a batch using beef and sausage meat, with rice, ...all sorts of stuff..but made 63 large rissoles which were great, for hot meals or a snack... But here, remember, in the X's home ( and her kitchen) and there is no way she will let me loose with flour due to past cooking experience she has had with me...maybe if I can time it when they are out and clean the mess before they get home...I love my rissoles..maybe a even meatloaf..with wallnuts and stuff...cook it on the b.b.q...no one will be the wiser...
Thanks for the idea.
Alex