View Single Post
Old 20-09-2021, 01:14 PM
glend (Glen)

Alex, as I live alone and of advanced years, I decided to give up cooking a few years back. The economics of cooking for one was wasteful, both in terms of dollars and food not eaten. I tried some of the supermarket frozen meals and found that they were generally horrible, and loaded with salt. There are some good ones to be found in the supermarket, like Fitness Outcomes, but with limited choice, and they are fairly expensive. I tried a few of the ready to eat meal delivery services, and eventually settled on Light and Easy. Now every week I have five dinners delivered on a Friday, and five soup dishes. There are a a number of different menus, it is not just for people on a diet, meals vary in size (there is a reduced size meal program for seniors if you wish) and you have seasonal menus. There are both frozen and fresh meals (which are refrigerated and have fairly short use by dates). Many of the fresh meals are salad based.

I find I spend less each week, I always have a choice of healthy things to eat, i pick my choices each week, and it always is delivered on time.
Probably does not work for everyone, and it helps that Lite and Easy has a distribution depot in Morisset now.
Anyway, my point is there are options for those of us that it suits.

As mentioned below, there are home care options for people like yourself, where meals would be delivered under the umbrella of the Aged Care system. This likely operates state wide. You might need your doctor to sign a form to qualify, basically confirming you are not able to prepare your own meals. It would likely be less costly as it is subsidised.
Best of luck.