View Single Post
Old 18-11-2021, 02:21 PM
DeWynter (ILYA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDrive View Post
Everything is ' traceable ' when using a card ....they know your movements where ever you go....if I went to another town and bought Petrol or stopped at a Cafe for lunch ...institutions like my Bank know I was in that town....and if the Cops were after me , it would be easy as pie to locate my latest location or whereabouts ....!!
Believe it or not, but you are traceable even with a cash. Coles/Wollies can identify a person even with a cash purchase. Your groceries shopping cart is quite unique to you (even if you are purchasing different items from time to time). Person identification rate at big chain stores is about 80% accuracy (and obviously 100% if you are using card or loyalty card). This is called Big Data and to be fair it's quite scary what can be done with these "anonymous" data.

What else is unique to you? Your movement within a city. Person identification rate for that is almost 100% accuracy - it's almost like your fingerprint. So even if you buy a clean mobile phone with a fake ID your mobile device movement within the city is recorded by mobile service provider and they can identify a person. Not sure if they actually using it and keeping all that data, but it can be done if required.

So, let's put tinfoil caps on...

As for me... I was working in a bank for many years and I'm not using cash. I do have it, but it's only for "emergency".