View Single Post
Old 24-03-2020, 02:58 PM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Anyone here a Prostate Cancer survivor?

Asking this as I have had surgery last week to remove mine due to stage 2 Cancer (got in just before the madness)

Pathology results came back and the cancer was contained within the prostate so for all intents and purposes I am now Cancer free, however this also means years of blood tests to make sure.
Recovery is a pain in more ways than one, thankfully the surgeon preserved my nerves so will eventually get back most if not all my pre-surgery function.
Moral of the story is it pays to do the PSA tests guys do not worry about finger in butt etc, it's a necessary evil and WILL save your life.
I'm in the young category as well at 55 so start those tests even earlier.
Rant mode /on
The government and private health insurers does not see Robotic surgery as a "legit" form of surgery (ie they consider it elective) even if it does an incredible job of less intrusion, less infection and quicker recovery time so they pass on more or less the full cost which in my case is $9k others may be charged more.
Let's hope whoever is in power prioritises health care over some other garbage they prioritise, seriously you would think they will learn from this CoVid 19 issue.

Anyway thought I'd share I hope that we will have clearer skie so that when I remove the catheter and am able to lift more than 4 kg's I can start up my astrophotography again I have quite a lot of leave to do so.