View Single Post
Old 17-06-2021, 03:47 PM
JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
It seems to me that there is far too much concern about the potential life threatening side effects, for certain folks. I simple blood test can determine if you have the concerning platelet issue, so why not find out before you go in for the vaccine? If you have ever had a blood test where the results were sent to your GP, they would already know.
Past test results or blood test just before getting the AZ vaccine will only show whether you have previously or currently have thrombocytopenia not whether you will develop it as a result of some sort of thrombolytic reaction to the vaccine or your own antibodies and go on to the full TTS and other reactions/syndromes. The AZ for example is not recommended even for over 50 year olds with certain conditions: certain types of strokes, allergies, other thromboses, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
Give people reason to panic and some will. The noise from this whole discussion just feeds the paranoia, and gives more people a reason to reject the common health sense of just getting vaccinated. I am prepared to believe that the anti-vax lunatics are fostering the paranoia.
Long story short : From a heath risk management perspective, I think it's good to get the vaccine. It's just a question of availability of the one you want.

Best
JA

Last edited by JA; 17-06-2021 at 04:08 PM.