Thread: Covid-19
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 01:57 PM
lazjen (Chris)
PI cult member

I'm not sure where to start - there's a few messages in this thread that are simply amazing in that they've been written in the first place. If you want to talk conspiracy theories, go to your lunatics on facebook, we don't need it here.

And the persistent comparisons to other illnesses or types of deaths. Do some research just to show how wrong you've got it. Stop spouting stupid nonsense please.

A quick search for US data, gives this: "For 2016 specifically, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) data shows 37,461 people were killed in 34,436 motor vehicle crashes, an average of 102 per day." <-- Currently, the US is at nearly 2000 per day deaths due to covid-19 (total at time of writing 18K+). They will probably go well past this figure by the end of the month.

Just because we were quicker to react and put in place measures to reduce the number of deaths means we might be lucky to get under our vehicle deaths for the year. USA is an example where they won't - and this should be an alarm bell for your damn brain to realise why we are in lockdown.

And as for the flu numbers. I can't believe the comparison is still being made. Totally irrational. I wonder if these people would have been similar to those who whinged about Y2K and nothing happening? Nothing happened because we intervened and stopped it from happening, but some people are so blind they can't see that.

As for the measures in place for the "social distancing", isolation, etc - I think it's gone a bit too far, but most of that has been driven by stupid people trying to either bend the rules or ignore them thinking they know better - so we get these stupid situations where some guy trying to wash his car is hassled. Individual person might be smart, but in general people are dumb.