View Single Post
Old 10-04-2024, 06:57 PM
Leo.G (Leo)

Possibly November 22 Joe I lose track of time. It's a common side effect of not working for way too many years and days having no significance or time being remotely relative to anything I do.
Canberra to Young used to be 45 minutes in my 351 XD Fairmont when I lived in Young but now there's more cops than private cars on the road and I've slowed down significantly.

My son and I did once carry around 60Kg of gear up to a local lookout in Lithgow for a total eclipse, a lookout where car access had been blocked . The clouds rolled in, around our heads and it was a dash back to the car with the 152mm Skywatcher refractor, 80mm Megrez, battery pack and EQ5 PRO mount (plus gas stove for coffee and pot, can't forget the important stuff). I made it home in time to set up very roughly and finish photographing the event from my back yard, it was a wild dash down a dirt road on the side of a mountain.
I well remember because it wasn't long after I'd had a heart attack and my son had to run back to the car to get my medication when I near collapsed with chest pain half way up the hill.
One day I'm going to build an electric powered box with wheels suitable for bush tracks, one I can sit on and ride. I think I already designed it on paper,. old school and it's probably long ended up in the trash.

I've travelled to photograph events and forgotten my lens or film or..... It's easy to do, now I make a list and check it twice. I have a waistline which dictates it's permissible.