View Single Post
Old 18-08-2023, 05:10 PM
Addos (Adam)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Thanks Adam,

Appreciate your comments

I have to take flats for each image as I image with Newts and my TS GPU 4 element wizz bang coma corrector introduces vignetting into the optical train (one of the trade offs for perfect pin point stars to edge of field )

Flats are no issue , Ive taken hundreds of them with my OSC 2600MC , so the 2600MM will just take a tad longer

Looking forward to Mono NB imaging especially when in Sydney under Bortle 7/8 skies ( SQM 18.50 )

Down at my south coast Obs ( Bortle 3 SQM 21.80 ) my existing 2600MC is excellent for Broadband and Narrowband , the new 2600MM hopefully will be mindboggling especially narrowband.

Cheers
Martin

Fair enough, a reflector does introduce a lot more potential for something to shift between imaging sessions especially if you're pulling it down every night. All I was saying is, you dont necessarily need to if you're confident nothings shifted / changed.

Im sure you'll feel rewarded with the shift to mono. Having gone the same path, I can vouch for the improved resolution and snr you get with a mono sensor. I've got the same filter set, and can confirm they're *close* to parfocal. I run filter offsets in Nina and I get a +-10 focus step difference across the set using luminance as the base. Good enough IMO. I think true parfocal probably only exists at the Chroma / Astrodon level

Im in ~19.2sqm bortle 6 and the 3nm cuts through it like butter. Sure you'll have similar success in 7/8. Interestingly moonglow on the Oiii is more prevalent than light pollution. Nothing a good Graxpert run cant fix!

Have fun with the next step of your journey!