View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 03:42 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Thanks Martin..using the hand paddle is a big step forward for me only started using goto with the last mount..so thats three gotos mounts that I never used goto...I liked the old fashion thing of finding objects from a star map..the mount was for tracking..slewing with motors too slow..however I think I will try and link with Stelarium and enjoy the benefits plus I should get the Asiair wifi going when I think about it.
Alex
Alex
My philosophy in AP is maximise imaging time as good clear nights are not regular, so I’d rather find my object quick , frame and focus up and get underway ASAP
When I first started AP I used cardboard Star maps and manual slewing etc.., waisted so much bloody time finding objects, ok if your just observing as time is yours when observing but as soon as I used goto with the handcontroller gee it saved hours and then advancing to using EQMOD and Stellarium, I’ll never look back. I’m not into plate solving and that sophisticated stuff , I just like navigating used the Stellarium display , real hands on , accurate and easy to use, Goto is spot on , very close to centre each time
Anyway if your comfortable using adopted methods stick to them as they work for you
The info is there if you need it and I’m only a message away to help
Martin