View Single Post
Old 29-07-2021, 06:28 PM
RyanJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz View Post
Thanks, Raymo, not really interested in spending hours in front of a computer to do this, as I already spend more than enough time on one for other reasons. Just looking to take the odd shot if what I'm seeing is notable.
But, yeah, having a camera with good video capabilities might be good for some things.
Famous last words Darren. Astrophotography is almost addictive enough to need a regulatory body.

That being said, it doesn’t mean you have to start off at the top and I totally get where you’re coming from just wanting to take the odd shot as that’s where I started too.

As has been eluded to, the Mak is quite unforgiving for anything outside planetary imaging. Not that it can’t be done, again that’s the scope I started with. As far as your camera selection goes. Pick up something with live view as it will make life so much easier for focusing. Buy a batinov mask to aid focusing ( google search what that is and how to use it ) and get a t-ring and t adaptor to suit your focuser size ( 2” or 1 1/4 ).

There’s no need to spend a lot of money while you dip your toes in. There’ll be plenty of time to do that later

Have fun !

Cheers

Ryan