Thread: Not a good day.
View Single Post
Old 22-06-2021, 07:19 AM
mura_gadi (Steve)
SpeakingB4Thinking

Hello,

"So I go shopping, see the Doctor, and the computer guy who we buy from to order some laptops and then to Harvey Norman to get some ideas."

I'd blame Harvey Norman myself, but that could be bias.

I only say this as someone who has carer duties for the last 10 weeks, it could be that you tried to do too much. One or two things in a day and a days rest in between is my preferred option. (My partner had keyhole surgery and wants to be more active, I have to point out those on the ward who didn't get keyhole had 20 stitches in their heads...)

Wait for the meds to be worked out and try and be patient.

Steve
Ps. Shopping trolleys can be great undercover walking aids around malls etc if you don't like using zimmers and canes.

To all those with a serious illness or loved one with a serious illness. I wish you all the best outcome possible, the curveballs life throws us.

Pps. On a downside to life, you have your PoA sorted? And your "Advanced Care Plan" - that's a really serious document that needs a lot of thought. In the ACT its called the "Advanced Care Plan Statement of Choices", its a little different in all states but they all start with "Advanced Care Plan". It allows you to go into detail on what care/degree of intervention you wish to receive or not receive depending on medically expected outcomes. (We saw one on the wards billboards posted around the hospital and thought it was a good idea)

Last edited by mura_gadi; 22-06-2021 at 02:29 PM.