View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 09:16 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_4059 View Post
I've got a solar powered fan that sucks the hot humid air from the high point in the obs to the outside. At the low point (floor level on the opposite side) I've got a vent. This doesn't deal with bulk water ingress due to poor design however so far there has been no issue with moisture issues despite our humid and wet Brisbane conditions.
The NexDome is an excellent design , all my gear is dry after the deluge but when rain is hitting hard surfaces like pavers surrounding my dome and bouncing back up to the underside of the deck boards then you have to seal the deck boards from any ingress
An alternative was to to pour a 100mm slab on the ground which I didn’t want to do due to being a permanent slab ( my deck and Dome can easily be dismantled and relocated if needed in the future ) and I’m a long way from the road for a cement mixer to pull up and pour into wheelbarrows which would have to pushed up a steep driveway or concrete pump etc..$$$ it would have been a hand mix and pour job ( pain in the butt )
A 100mm slab would have flooded as well due to the deluge
The deck was the best solution and still is , just have to seal and waterproof the deck