Thread: New observatory
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2023, 10:39 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Well apart from making everything now work, but perhaps not completing adjustments like back focus etc, everything has now been done and by that I mean I finally can control the four rigs from my van thanks to running cable between the van and the observatory for Ethernet....just now finished.:thumb sup: each rig has an Asiar and I have emulation software on the desk top to run the Asiair app.

I used 40 metre cable length which is a little too long but 30 metre would have been just a little too short...the extra length meant that I can have the magic box on the desk and did not have to drill holes in the wall by just running it around and thru the front door.

To get the cable thru the conduit was troublesome...I saw a video on the Net saying you tie a bit of plastic bag to string and suck the string thru with the vacuum cleaner...easier said than done because I had to tie various lengths of string together and those knots provided just enough resistance to cause headaches...so the conduit got cut here and there but the staggering around with my walker really took it out of me...back and forth so many times but I was not going to give up ... I wish I had in retrospect as now I just can not stand for more than a minute...so resting and YouTube for the rest of the day...hopefully ok for tonight.

I do hope to get a run tonight and test control from the desk top.

I always knew I would make it...and everyone around me thought I was mad for building this set up but it has kept me going...even when in hospital recovering from this or that I could drift off imagining how it would turn out and my next step...and now it's done...and I really think doing this has kept me alive somehow.

Thanks to everyone who has helped and encouraged me.

alex