Thread: SHO plus RBG ?
View Single Post
Old 23-07-2020, 06:59 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

SHO plus RBG ?

I have some data from my first time or thereabouts when I started using my then newly acquired ZWO mono , of course I used all seven filters R, B, G, L, O11 and S11. I had no idea what to do so I stacked the lot together and coloured in the resulting final image using photo shop..to be clear to add colour to that image I layered it over various solid colour frames and using the rubber tool in photo shop let the colour in where I wanted to add colour...anything for a result thinking that when I knew more I would reprocess the data correctly..that time has almost come as I can now use the RBG feature in StarTools to combine L, Ha, O11 and S11.
So I am wondering can I add R or B or G to Ha, O11 or S11? I was thinking for example to stack B and O11 and use that result to put in the Blue box in the RBG feature in StarTools.. which seems reasonable..to me..however the Ha..should it go with green or red and same for S11 could I add red...I will probably go green and red and HA to get a final that I will put in the HA box and red and S11 to get a final for the S11 box...but I sure would like to know the correct thing to do if anyone would care to help...I probably will have stacked them by the time I get a reply but I can change to follow a correct procedure...I have read up on this but that was months ago and I don't recall a damn thing and can't find what I read in my bookmarks so any help will be appreciated...anyways I will keep going and see what comes.
Alex