View Single Post
Old 21-05-2022, 07:17 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Is manual focus possible?

I really don't know what I am talking about when it comes to camera lens but I bought this one some time ago thinking I could do some widefields however it does not seem that it can be focused manually. I may have asked this question years ago but if I did I can not recall.

If you are familiar with this lens is that the case?

Or is there a way to manual focus..I cant see a switch ch like on other lens A/M .

At this point I am thinking to focus it via auto at a distant point and tape the focuser ring in place switch it off...hardley an acceptable solution even if it works.

I would like to use this lens ( all of them really) for a while and later buy something better once I get a feel for a focal length assuming I dont lose interest in widefield which I doubt..I once did nice ones with my long gone canon and its kit 2 lens kit...happily I was not critical of those lens so I expect these will do me for a while.

I have a cheap 50 mm that only this week worked out how to use, set it up on a static tripod to test got in a couple of captures which were encouraging and talk about being a cloud magnet..they did not roll in but just appeared in minutes while I went off to find my shutter release.

Well my new intervalometer arrived and I am getting ready for that night that I can use these units, rather test them and learn what can be done which is most suitable the flattest field etc.

Is there any hope for this lens?
How can it be focused?

Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_20220521_184747_resize_12.jpg)
44.3 KB50 views