View Single Post
Old 28-12-2017, 07:21 AM
cfn
Cloud Free Night Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookyer View Post
HI there, I am a supporter, how does one view the Access C maps, my maps are titled Access R on the dark sky tab?

Just like to say great service, I only use the Dark Sky and map animation myself which are great.

Cheers
Brett
If you are viewing day 1 for any location's darksky or meteogram then you are looking at the ACCESS-C model.

It is important for you to have a look at the meteograms, maps and satellite to have a better idea of what your conditions will be. Relying on one product only can lead to errors.
Keep in mind that although very close none of the prediction models are right all the time. Get into the habit of checking the satellite maps as well to confirm and see what's coming, which direction, how fast, etc... then you can get a feel for it.

Sometime it's about the timing. You might have a clear patch that coincides with nighttime only to find out that the cloud behind it moved faster or slower and you end up having your clear sky during the morning or afternoon instead of the night you've planned.

myCFN has a variety of tools to help you make up your mind. We don't give you weather forecasts. What you see presented is the unaltered raw data. It's up to each user to interpret it as best as they can and make an informed decision.