View Single Post
Old 29-04-2022, 02:10 PM
OzEclipse (Joe Cali)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mura_gadi View Post
Hello,

I had thought about the baffles refractor V reflector and I am guessin' that the baffles are there to collect scatter caused by the lens in a refractor. So, not stray light per say but induced scatter by the front lens.

Good point about airflow, it had been creeping into my design thoughts a bit, but the idea of easy baffles was all consuming apparently. Certainly tube flow should come first. So unless the baffles are removed from the apex of the tube to allow for airflow I think I'll go backwards.

I'm running NftW with the dew shield on, and had the tube at 230mm which is the same a GSO D8F6. With the dew shield set to 200mm in front of focuser, I am getting baffles from 224mm at the opening to 202mm at the mirror face.

gives me something to think about in smoothing at least... Thanks for the replies.
You only need to make them from very thin aluminium sheet. You could get the ally CNC water jet cut or laser cut, two of the cheaper material cutting methods then black anodize them.

https://www.nexgen-laser.com/laser-cutting/

As I said in the last post, I've never had baffles so I can't say if they are necessary or of any benefit.
Joe