View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 08:36 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

To be honest, this close to the end of the warranty period, if it happened tomorrow I would get some of the right solvent and a box of kimwipes and fix it myself. I have a technical background so I am not afraid of opening stuff up myself.

Incidentally, the way we generally dealt with the denaturing stuff in isoprop was literally washing with water afterwards if it was something that critical for cleanliness (Not much of an issue in my particular corner of the RAAF but the aircraft guys might have had to on some equipment as isopropyl alcohol was used to clean solder flux and so on off circuit boards after repairs. There are probably better solvents now which don't in turn leave residues as water might, depending on what is in it. It is interesting that you can see a lot of OEM's don't bother with much cleaning after soldering with flux when you can see boards with conformal coatings applied over the top of blobs of fried flux.

At least I can be fairly sure that when my 2600MM arrives it should not be a candidate for this issue.