View Single Post
Old 15-11-2013, 12:12 AM
brian nordstrom (As avatar)

No worries Dan , glad to help and if you 'Google' ,
'Yahoo groups 60mm scope club' ,
you will find all the information you need on all 60mm scopes , thousands of members world wide that use and love 60mm telescopes and like us here at IIS ,, only to happy to help , go ahead and join the you wont be disappointed .
I am a member as I still own and use a 1972 60mm f15 Meade refractor on an EQ2 mount , my 2nd scope .

And yes you will see M31 as a 'faint smudge' if you know exactly where to look , use your 25mm eyepiece and don't worry because it looks like a slightly brighter 'Faint smudge' in even a large 8-12 inch scope , as Kevin says it looks better in large binoculars .

Brian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippy3476 View Post
wow!!! Thanks so much for all these great replies. I am so excited bout this new adventure in astronomy now! this is just the sort of information i was after, as i have been searching online for days on end trying to find out this info but all i found on other sites was that my scope is worthless and i have wasted my money. im pretty sure saxon is a reasonable brand too.
so thanks heaps for your help.
to answer your questions, the eyepieces are 1.25" and the ones that were supplied with the scope are SR4mm, H12.5mm, HM25mm and H6mm. I get great clear views of the moon with all of them. would i be able to see Andromeda galaxy m31 with any of these?
thanks so much to all of you.