View Single Post
Old 24-05-2008, 10:37 PM
buddinseeker (Mike)

Hello all and thanks for such a resourse.

Hi there am brand new to the site and slowly considering venturing into the field of astronomy. I have always been one to stare at the sky, be it in the middle of the night when heading into work at odd hours as a shift worker or out in the middle of the night toilet training the dog I would spend time staring into the skies and think I wish I knew more about all that up there.

Well many years past and I find myself in Australia - strange skies and clear nights and alot less light pollution, still stare up into them though and wonder . So I guess that brings me here - researching into what seems a very expensive but possibly very interesting hobby. In turn that brings me hear, not a net virgin I have been to a good few sites but being a practical person also forums and communities like this tend to offer the best advice and best fel for hobbies before expending lots of cash and wife points in something that may lead to nothing.

SO thanks for the site those who put it up and support it, thanks to those who post all the informative info - have already been through a few great posts including the binoculars and choosign the first telescope ones.

I have no great aims, well perhaps I do, astrophotography would be nice but I like to learn my way to things so interested in getting a good knowledge of what its all about first so very much into starting small and building up. Star systems, planets I am interested in it all perhaps as I am a complete novice and my goals will become more specific as I read up or even after I have started in the hobby.

Man I must have bored you all by now - so thanks to those who read this far I shall be asking a fair few questions such as opinions on good starting set ups and such like but I have alot of reading and resources on the site to hit up first before I know what I need to know if that makes sense - this was just supposed to be a short hello and thanks introduction post ..... oops