View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 01:41 AM
Suzy
Searching for Travolta...

Oh my gosh, Don Pensack , what a legend .
So great reading your comments.
I should go now... I've probably embarrassed both him and I

Apparently I lack discipline here it comes...

Like Adrian, I have the 22 LVW and I'll never part with it, I love the views through my 10" dob.
Wasn't that made in Japan? I bought it second hand some 10 years ago for $350 (what you'd expect to pay second hand), not cheap then and I think ? they still hold there value.
I'm pushing my brain cells here going back then, but didn't the SLV get superseded by the LVW?

The LVWs claim to fame aside from the 65 deg fov is the high-grade Lanthanum glass- a rare earth element.
I used to love getting into the nitty gritty of everything eyepieces some 10 years ago but I've moved on and lost touch with what's around now.
I'm an XW girl, if the eps did well in an f/5 upwards of 10mm f/l, I would've continued the entire series. But the LVW fitted in just beautifully. I never went the Nagler route as I was after comfy eye relief.
I fold down the rubber on the LVW, I just can't get comfortable with it extended, that would be my only gripe.

On my journey collecting my entire set from 3mm-30mm, I found reviews and help that people offered me extremely helpful and saved me a lot of money from the start. But I was very specific to what my needs were against what equipment I had.