View Single Post
Old 27-03-2021, 09:39 PM
ab1963 (Andrew)
Refractors-That’s It

Have tested the Nagler 13 against the 14 SSW in the TV60 at F6 they are both as sharp but the Vixen SSW has a noticeably larger FOV but with my glasses on and the eyecup folded down on the Nagler I really like how comfortable it is both are razor sharp to the field stop the Vixen a slightly cooler view but TBH you would be very happy with either and will be keeping the 13 Nagler for those lazy nights when I don’t want to put the contacts in and just want a quick look also tested the SSW 10,7,5,3.5 and they all perform outstandingly when the eyecups are set correctly, It still amazes me the way the SSW’s have been treated in the reviews after a extensive and unbiased workout I have given these eyepieces and can only imagine how they would perform in a Refractor around F8 and 100mm+ aperture, All things said the 13 Nagler is a lovely eyepiece that now having taken the punt to buy it I’m happy I did and to some extent have been proven wrong but make no mistake the differences are subtle but the Vixen SSW’s with a slight colour tone difference and wider FOV on those 2 points just edge the Nagler out IMO