View Single Post
Old 24-03-2021, 10:30 PM
ab1963 (Andrew)
Refractors-That’s It

Vixen SSW eyepieces

I am hoping that i can touch base with anyone else that has any focal length in the line as I have the full set, I have read pretty much every review on these eyepieces and they seem to cop a right royal flogging on the whole and bought into the hype i have a TV60 at the moment which is pretty amazing for a 60mm aperture scope as i have some lifestyle changes coming up soon so sold my 106mm refractor but still needed to be able to stargaze went out this evening to give the ep's a look and from 3.5 to 14mm perfectly flat fov razor sharp pinpoint stars and views of the moon were as contrasty and cool white and sharp as a Swarovski zoom i once owned at f6 with a lot bigger FOV and couldn't see any real softening of the image even at the field stop i personally think that the reviews dished up to this set brought about its demise for whatever reason i even started to listen to the rubbish dished up and nearly replaced them with naglers as one person keeps ranting on about even bought a 13 Nagler as a starter but after this evening i have no doubt IMO the SSW's are top notch in a refractor, Where i am heading is i believe now that reviews are worthless and really think you must not be dragged in as i have just been would have loved to have had a look through my FSQ with them

Last edited by ab1963; 24-03-2021 at 11:00 PM.