View Single Post
Old 18-05-2021, 04:24 PM
ausmensan (Simon)
Galactic Explorer

Hi David,

Thank you for your thoughtful reply, and I guess the thinking was really along the lines you put down yourself. I want to produce something that I can be reasonably happy with, but not a competition winner. I was just a small challenge for myself, and honestly, visual astronomy is more interesting to me.

The Alt-Az setup is more convenient, and having had a C10-NGT with massive counterweights, I don't really want to do that again. (esp. after a recent heart attack..).

I think I will stick with what I have, and see what is possible with current equipment. It is so easy to just go and get something else, and then something else again.

I did have a Nexstar 8i, and it was possibly the best scope I have had. It was the right aperture, and totally portable. The Newtonian possibly had the best views, especially after I laser collimated it.

Your pictures are awesome, and you should be rightfully proud of them, thanks for sharing!

I think I will leverage what I have, then sell it if it doesn't do what I need it to do. There is always another eyepiece to buy right?

Thank you