View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 10:33 PM
creeksky (Pete)

Quote:
Originally Posted by breammaster View Post
Thanks guys for all the advice feel very welcome around here. I'll keep what I have and work with it. It's just a whole new experience for me and I'm really digging it. I think the more I learn and see up there, the more engrossed in it I become. It can be easy to get carried away with all the gadgets and gizmos and sometimes you just got to step back and go with simplicity.

It's amazing how these photons travelled all that way to get to our eyes. Feeling very connected to the universe. It's a much different feeling to just passively looking at Hubble space photos. I think that's what drew me towards getting that scope was even though I knew I wasn't going to see amazing images(even though they really are quite extraordinary in a different way),it was like I'm participating in something bigger.

I'll save up for that 10inch dobsonian in a few years.
You are very welcome, each of us see's things differently,why should observing the universe be any different? You will see things I haven't or won't for awhile. Because you are more observant.
(Even if I have or someone has a bigger scope) one day I may get something bigger to observe with but, even now with an 8 inch Dob I feel kinship with the first observers, and they saw a lot!
You are spot on Wey,its amazing that light, photons have travelled 1000s or hundreds of thousands of years to be seen by your eyes !At exactly the time you happened to see it!

Last edited by creeksky; 07-02-2015 at 11:39 PM. Reason: underline special