Thread: Help Needed
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 03:19 PM
JoelRed (Joel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Hi Everyone,
Tonight (and after no problems all last night) the scope repeatedly slewed in the wrong direction on GOTO.

I'm using an ASIAir plus on an EQ6-R.

Diagnostics: I substituted the ASIAir with a AIRPRO and the same thing happened. I also then re-seated the RJ45 on the Mount and had success with GOTO, then immediately tried to send mount to NGC 3372 but scope went off to point to the ground.

All the correct Lat and Long and time info is correct and Syc to Mount was successful.

Scope does not return to correct home position.

Any ideas? I think I can exclude the ASIAir as the substitute demonstrated the same problem.

Could it be the EQMod cable?

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

SB
Hi,

Not sure how helpful this is, but I have seen this issue with my AZ-GTi in EQ mode using an EQDIR cable. It did exactly what you are describing and there wasn't really anything I could do to rectify it. Subsequent nights gave me no issue. I suspect it was either something to do with the EQDIR cable or an issue with the GPS position in my iPad.

I also use the ASIair with an EQ6R-Pro with a USB with no issue whatsoever, are you able to connect your EQ6R using USB rather than EDMOD?