View Single Post
Old 21-06-2023, 03:51 PM
Leo.G (Leo)

Quote:
Not sure about that ..... You have a D810. That wasn't free
No it wasn't but I was extremely lucky in that a lovely fellow in Queensland advertised it used on Gumtree for $870 (including postage) before going and checking the value of the camera and before the advert got a chance to get cold I'd contacted him.
He had mentioned he was going to increase the price to $1500 which was then a current going price of the camera in it's used condition but he agreed to honour the price he put and I ended up with a lovely camera which had taken 70,000 images.
I'm on a disability pension and have been for many years through no fault of my own and I was actually lucky at that time to have the cash for the body, not an amount of money I usually have spare for anything.
The one bonus when I did work I had all Nikon 35mm cameras which gave me an assortment of old but good lenses to play with.

I still have my former used D80 (purchased used also), I don't dispose of cameras, I collect them and still have the old large format Ensign I had given to me when I was 12 (as an old camera even then) and many more old things I've picked up here and there (and a brand new Kodak Instamatic in it's box, never used and spotted in a Salvation Army shop).
I love cameras and photography. If only I could still see to focus properly.

Last edited by Leo.G; 21-06-2023 at 04:13 PM.