View Single Post
Old 14-01-2022, 10:03 PM
Zuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmrid View Post
I asked Testar a few questions about these mounts - mainly prompted by a very good review on YouTube, and received the answers quoted below. Very helpful people there:

4. The 900mm figure is based on ZWO’s recommendation to keep your pixel scale above 1 arcsecond/pixel, given the common pixel size of around 4um. Lower than that, and you may hit the limits of the guided tracking performance.

I’m a bit puzzled by item 4. I fail to make the leap from the pixel scale of the imaging camera and guiding performance. Still, I admit to spending a lot of time head-scratching these days.

I’m still chewing this over.
I have done nearly all of my imaging on either a TV85 or more recently an Esprit 120. This is more or less my desired image scale and since i don't have a permanent setup really value portability, so the recommended FL is fine for me.

I may even try and trade the Esprit 120 for an Esprit 100 to enhance portability.

If I can get a consistent 0.5 rms then I will be satisfied.

I also have a Edge 9.25 which I use for planetary and here guiding is not an issue, so the mount should be fine for that as well.

I hope