View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 01:04 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bluester View Post
OK, the silicon grease must be being used in place of traditional heat sink compound. That will probably be quick and easy to clean. Maybe they have been a little over enthusiastic with applying it. Hopefully mine stays clean as it is.

The only reason I could think of for a question on the dew heater would be if the camera was powered on and not cooled for some time the heat build up between the electronics and the heater might lower the viscosity of the grease and make it more inclined to run somewhere it should not be.
Paul,
That’s what exactly happened, every session since I’ve had the camera , I’ve had the dew heater on by default and cooled the camera immediately before even framing or focusing.For some reason I forgot to cool it , clouds came over for nearly 2 hours then cleared , then I cooled the camera and after focusing and framing a target , the first sub exposed the problem
Still it shouldn’t happen if you inadvertently forget to cool the camera. Looks like a operational design deficiency or like you said a little to heavy handed with grease
Anyway hopefully rectified soon
Martin